- bar chart
- nouna chart with bars whose lengths are proportional to quantities• Syn: ↑bar graph• Hypernyms: ↑chart• Hyponyms: ↑histogram
* * *noun: a graphic representation for comparing numbers by means of rectangles of uniform widths but of lengths proportional to the numbers being represented — called also bar graph
* * *bar chart or bar graph nounA graph showing comparative quantities by means of rectangular blocks of varying proportional height• • •Main Entry: ↑bar
* * *a bar graphThesaurus: graphs, charts and diagramshyponym
* * *bar chart,a chart or graph of a comparison of quantities by means of darkened rectangles of various lengths, each of which represents a particular quantity; bar graph.
* * *n. another term for bar graph
* * *noun, pl ⋯ charts [count]: ↑bar graph
* * *a diagram that uses lines or narrow ↑rectangles (= bars) of different heights (but equal widths) to show different amounts, so that they can be comparedSee also: ↑bar graphExample Bank:
The bar chart shows what the average American consumes in a year compared with other nationalities.
Useful english dictionary. 2012.